Figures published by the Deposit Protection Scheme confirm that at least 40% of disputes are caused as a result of cleaning & the cleanliness of a rental property at check-out. With that in mind, we thought it would be useful to give you a few tips on what constitutes a great end of tenancy cleaning service!
- It seems pretty obvious, but the cleaning company actually has to collect keys and turn up to a property to clean!
- The cleaning company should be fully equipped with their own cleaning products & cleaning equipment to deal with (almost) every eventuality;
- Being punctual and working efficiently, especially when there’s a tight turn-around and time is limited….
- The cleaning company should be flexible & responsive to last minute bookings or where there are complications with a clean (i.e. the tenant has already moved in/is waiting to move in right now!);
- Attention to detail. Aside from cleaning the obvious stuff like the soap tray, not leaving streak arks on mirrors and cleaning the oven properly;
- Communication is key! Any problems or maintenance matters are reported to you during or soon after the clean has been completed – in plain English;
- Professional (and fully insured!) so that you receive the level of service you deserve.
Hopefully these tips will be useful the next time you’re moving out of a rental property or need to arrange a clean for your buy to let property. If you have any questions about the pre or end of tenancy cleaning process, either leave a comment or contact ProClean Team on 020 8742 1808.